Welcome to The Sankofa Projects blogspot!!!

"In the spirit of SANKOFA...Reach Back and Fetch your history & your culture so that you will take purposeful steps into the future."

~ Chadra Pittman, Founder & Executive Director

For more info or to schedule a program contact us:

757-317-0001

thesankofaprojects@gmail.com

www.thesankofaprojects.blogpot.com



Thursday, June 4, 2020

“I JUST WANT to LIVE!!!!!”

Ancestor Nina Simone said that, “the responsibility of an artist is to use their platform to reflect the times.” During this fight for the the preservation of black and brown lives, lives which have been killed with impunity, my hope is that we each find a way to use our voices for change. Some will take it to the streets, some will march, some will write books, create music or work to change legislation—we each must use our art to sound the alarm that racism and injustice will no longer be tolerated. Movements are happening across the world to acknowledge the brutality that has been imposed on black and brown bodies for hundreds of years. Thank you to my dear and talented brother Clarence Gabriel who has chosen to create a photo movement called...”#ijustwanttolive”. He asked me to finish this statement “I just want to live to...” and here was my response... “I just want to raise my children in a world that is safe, intolerant of injustice, where the -isms and the -phobias no longer exist, where their humanity is acknowledged & their blackness is not feared but revered.”- Chadra Pittman Thank you Clarence for using your platform in such a powerful way. I am sure Ancestor Nina is proud of you beloved!!! I love you my brother! IG: @ijustwant2live #ijustwant2live #ijustwanttolive photographer: @clrncgbrl 

1 comment:

  1. Peace, Peace
    You are invited to our Grand Launching!
    Free gift with purchase of $50 or more, while supplies last.
    www.SankofaFarms360.com

    ReplyDelete